Fastball Parent Volunteer Information
Carnarvon is a non-profit, volunteer-based organization that strives to create a safe and fun environment for young people in the community to play ball sports. Unlike profit-focused clubs, we rely on the support of the players' parents and guardians to fund all of our activities. Our primary goal is for the kids in our programs to have fun, stay active, and make friends while also improving their ball skills. We are a thriving and successful club, but we need help from people like you to continue our success. We welcome volunteers with a variety of skills and interests. Without enough volunteers, our programs cannot be sustained.
For the Spring Season, there will be two types of volunteering required:
- Club Duties
- Team Duties
Club Duties support the operation of the Club as a whole and are covered either through a volunteer position or volunteer shifts to be completed by the family/guardians of each registered player. Options include:
1. Director Positions
- Vice President (President of Softball) (Ian Bull)
- Technical Director (Vacant)
- Umpire-In-Chief (Vacant)
- Registrar (David Godfrey)
- Director of Umpires (Lorne Neil)
- Director of Volunteers (Steph Baird)
- Director of Coaching (Geoff Welham)
2. Club Coordinator Positions
- Uniform Coordinator (Kate MacKenzie)
- Equipment Coordinator (Ryan Davis)
- Social Media Coordinator (Kristy Herrick)
- Head scheduler (Sarah Jourdenais)
- Photo Coordinator (Caitlin Davies)
- Field Maintenance Coordinator (Vacant)
- Field house manager (Vacant)
- Opening / Closing Ceremonies Organizer (Vacant)
- First Aid and Safety (Vacant)
3. Club Assistant Coordinator
- Game Scheduler (Must be available during March Break) (Vacant)
- Photos Day Organization (Vacant)
- Opening / Closing Ceremonies Crew (Vacant)
4. Coach / Manager (max of four (4) coach/manager exemptions per team)
- Head Coach
- Assistant Coach
5. Concession Manager
6. Fundraising Committee
7. Spring Field Maintenance (20 Volunteers)
For Club Duties, families/guardians have 2 options:
1. Sign-up for Club Duties
2. Pre-pay a $200 Club Duty Opt Out Fee, per registered player.
Club Duty sign-up will be organized through the Club Duty Volunteer Coordinator and volunteer jobs will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. We have a variety of positions available but if you do not see something that suits your skills - please let us know. We will be happy to find a position that works for you!
What if I Am Unable to Volunteer?
We understand that there are certain circumstances that lead to families not being able to volunteer. If you know that you will not be able to fulfill a volunteer position for the season, you will have the option to pay and “Opt-Out Fee" in lieu of your volunteer requirements. The "Volunteer Opt-Out Fee" is $200 per registered player. There are no exemptions from volunteering for any families, other than the Opt-Out process above.
Team Duties support your child's specific team and do not count towards your Club Duty requirement as part of registration. However, supporting the team is crucial to a fun and successful season for players and families – the Coaches and Managers cannot be expected to do it all. Team duties include such things as:
- Field Set Up
- Field Clean Up/Tear Down
- Team fundraising
- Team tournament duties
- Other duties that could be required for safety protocols
Team Duties will be organized through respective Team Coaches and/or Managers. Purchasing the "Club Duty Opt Out Fee" does not release a family from completing "Team Duties". You cannot opt-out of Team Duties.