Baseball Field Prep
Please use this information to educate yourself AND anyone who helps out before and after games and practices. Make sure they understand the proper steps toward good field maintenance. Ultimately, our number one goal is to provide the safest playing surface possible to ensure maximum injury reduction, along with having great eye-appeal. Pre and Post-Game Field Preparation is hard work, but the benefit is better and longer lasting fields for our kids to play on.
GENERAL FIELD PREP GUIDELINES
Prepping the field
A nice field will provide a safe playing surface for players to perform their best. The goal is to have the infield dirt that is not too hard or too fine.
1) Remove the bases. Make sure the plugs are in before racking/dragging.
2) Clear out any large rocks, sticks or debris.
3) Lightly moisten the infield surface/dirt area in preparation for racking/dragging
4) Fill in any noticeable holes
5) Rack behind the base forward into the sliding area. Rake parallel to runner path.
6) Drag field using a lawn mower like motion with overlap
LINING THE FIELD
Once the field is prepped, you are ready to line.